This notice explains how InfoCredit Services Private Limited, a company registered under the Companies Act, 1956 providing credit related solutions under the Brand name hereinafter referred to as “CreditVidya” collects, handles, uses and discloses Personal Information collected from you.
CreditVidya’s information handling practices are continually reviewed to ensure they comply with the “Reasonable Security Practices and Procedures and Sensitive Personal Data or Information Rules, 2011” under Section 43A of the Indian Information Technology (Amendment) Act, 2008 as well as any other applicable laws or regulations.
By accessing or using CreditVidya’s services, you agree to this privacy notice.
All references to you/your shall mean the individual providing Personal or Sensitive Personal Information to CreditVidya.
Information we collect
We collect the following types of information.
Information you provide us directly
- Identification Information: Your name, email address, phone number, any other contact details, government or other identity documents, date of birth, gender, employment, educational background.
- Other: Other historical, contact, and demographic information
Information We Collect from Your Use of our Services or Client Services
- Transaction Information: We read SMS logs and other digital content to collect information about payment transactions, the names of the transacting parties, a description of the transactions and the payment or transfer amounts, billing and shipping information, and the devices and payment methods used to complete the transactions.
- Location Information: Through our applications, we collect information about the location of your device.
- Device Information: We collect specific information about your device when you access our Services, including your storage, hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifier, mobile network information, and information about the device’s interaction with our services.
- Use Information: We collect information about how you use our Services, including your access time and Internet Protocol (“IP”) address
- Communication Information: We access your Contacts lists and call logs for application reference purposes
Information We Collect from Other Sources
We also collect information about you from third parties, including third-party verification services, credit bureaus and publicly available sources. In some circumstances, where lawful, this information may include your government-issued identification number. This includes, without limitation, the receipt and exchange of account or credit-related information with any credit reporting agency or credit bureau, where lawful, and any person or corporation with whom you have had, currently have, or may have a financial relationship, including without limitation past, present, and future places of employment and personal reporting agencies.
Information Collection Example
If you access our Services from one of our Client’s websites as part of a loan application, you may be prompted to provide us with information as part of the application process and you may be asked to authorize us to access your Information from third Parties, such as your credit history from the credit bureaus, SMS scraping for income estimation, employment information from your employer, or your social media account information from the applicable social media platforms or your device. Once you have authorized us to access your Information, we collect such information about you in accordance with the authorization that you have provided. As part of this authorization process, you have the right to select which Third Parties we can access to obtain your Information.
We may record conversations between us and you. These recorded conversations can be used by us for internal or otherwise, legitimate purposes related to the interaction. You give full consent for us to make such recordings and will not hold us responsible in any way for any possible infringement of the law relating to the interception of communications.
Use of Information
We may use information about you to provide, maintain, and improve our Services, such as:
- develop credit risk models and perform risk assessment;
- detect and prevent fraud;
- develop and test new products and features;
- verify information that you have provided;
- to form a view of you as an individual and to identify, develop or improve products, that may be of interest to you;
- delivering the information and support you request, including technical notices, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- diagnose or fix technology problems
- conduct statistical and market analysis; and
- satisfy any other legitimate business purposes, including handling any complaints and retaining information as necessary to meet our obligations under applicable laws and regulations.
- to get in touch with you when necessary and contact you by email, SMS, letter, telephone or in any other way about our products and services;
- to find adequate references for your loan application;
- to give you customized offers as per your location;
- carry out, monitor and analyze our business, carry out market research, business, and statistical analysis and also direct our efforts for product improvement;
- to maintain records under applicable law or a may apply to pursuant to agreements executed by our clients and partners
We may use information about you to improve, personalize and facilitate your use of our Services. For example, we may associate certain information with your new account, such as information about other loan applications you have with the client or with other clients, and prior transactions you made using our services and the usage of our products by our clients. We also may use information about you to measure, customize, and enhance our Services, including the design, content, and functionality of our applications and websites, or to track and analyze trends and usage relating to our Services.
We may use information about you:
- To enforce the terms of our General Terms or other applicable agreements or policies;
- To verify your identity (e.g., some of the government-issued identification numbers we collect are used for this purpose);
- To investigate, detect, and prevent fraud, security breaches, and other potentially prohibited or illegal activities;
- To comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process, or governmental request;
- For any other purpose disclosed to you relating to our Services.
Sharing of Information
We may disclose your Information to:
- Our Clients that have been selected by you and only in those situations where you have agreed that we may share Personal Information with them (for example where you access our Services through a Client’s app in accordance with the example provided in the “How is Information Collected” section above);
- Partners so they can provide Services to you for e.g. CreditVidya’s TrustScore SDK is embedded in various partners app for analytics and credit scoring purpose. Our partners shall use the personal information, which you have provided, to provide the specific product or Service which you have requested and/or contact you about the provision of this request. Such parties should maintain the security and confidentiality of the Personal Information, unless authorized by you (e.g. displaying a CreditVidya Service in your account with a Partner), and process the data in accordance with our instructions. We do not share this information with other CreditVidya Partners;
- With third parties to provide, maintain, and improve our Services, including service providers who access information about you to perform services on our behalf, for example, for the purpose of hosting our web servers, fraud prevention, identity verification
- Government agencies, advisors, and other Third Parties where this is required in order to comply with applicable laws (e.g., in response to subpoenas or government investigations), to assert or defend legal claims, and in order to investigate or respond to actual or suspected illegal activities, fraud, and threats of physical harm, or to protect our rights or property or our Clients; and
- any other party to the extent required or permitted by applicable laws.
- In connection with, or during the negotiation of, any merger, sale of company stock or assets, financing, acquisition, divestiture, or dissolution of all or a portion of our business;
We also may share aggregated information with third parties that does not specifically identify you or any individual user of our Services.
While we attempt to partner with only companies that share our respect for your privacy, we cannot take responsibility for the content or privacy policies of those Third Parties, including our Clients. We do not have control over the use of your personal information once it is shared by our Clients or Third Party Providers, and we are not responsible for their privacy practices. Your rights with respect to their treatment of Your Information will be governed by their own policies. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of any website, service or application that you access which is operated by our Clients or Third Parties.
How do we protect your information?
We have up-to-date physical security, such as secure areas in offices; electronic safeguards, such as passwords, firewalls, and encryption; and procedural safeguards to prevent ID theft. We may use cloud services such as AWS or GCP to store your personal data.
Information you and our Partners provide and receive during the Services is transmitted through a secure sockets layer (SSL) transmission. We carefully select and monitor Partners, who have access to Personal Information, and we have specific provisions in our contracts requiring them to keep it safe and secure. We do not allow them to use or share the information for any purpose other than provide the Services to you.
We restrict access to your Personal information only to those employees who are required to know such information in order provide our Services to you. We train our employees on all our security procedures, and we conduct audits to check compliance.
You must also ensure the security of your information such as keeping passwords secret and not permitting unauthorized use of your account.
No security measures can provide absolute protection of data, but we will strive to protect your information.
If you choose to use our blog or our Social Network pages (Facebook Fan page, Twitter, Linkedin, Google Play Store, Apple ITunes store etc), any information you submit can be read, collected, or used by other users of these sites. We are not responsible for the subsequent use of information, which you have submitted to the foregoing sites, by its other users.
What choices do I have and what information of mine can I access?
By establishing an account on CreditVidya, you authorize us ownership of any data you provide.
However you will not be able to delete your account if you have an outstanding obligation (e.g. loan) with CreditVidya or any of our Partners.
You have the ability to opt out of certain types of information sharing and communications. You may tell us not to:
- Disclose information about you to Partners. However we may disclose information as required or permitted by law (e.g. to outside auditors and regulators). You may opt out of the foregoing disclosures by deleting your account.
- Display your Public Profile. You may opt out of this disclosure by deleting your account.
- Mail, telephone, e-mail, sms and mobile notifications. You may opt out of receiving these communications by deleting your account.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding our policy, or if you believe our policy or applicable laws relating to the protection of your personal information have not been respected, you may file a complaint with our Privacy Department listed above, and we will respond to let you know who will be handling your matter and when you can expect a further response. We may request additional details from you regarding your concerns and may need to engage or consult with other parties in order to investigate and address your issue. We will keep records of your request and any resolution.